A light refreshing dessert that will end the meal on an optimistic, sunny, sexy note.
What better taste than peaches to associate with Summer? Celebrate the season and satisfy your sweet cravings by combining yellow and white peaches. A few leaves of mint will end your meal on a nice refreshing taste. I believe you and your guests will appreciate the “unbearable lightness” of this desert.
- 2 organic yellow peaches (washed)
- 3 organic white peaches (washed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 drops of liquid Stevia or powder equivalent (or more — or none– to taste)
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peaches to the boiling water; drain them after 1 minute; this blanching process will make it very easy to peel the fruit. Peel the peaches, once they are cool enough to handle.
- Cut the white peaches in small pieces and put them in a small pan with 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes (about 7-10 minutes) until the peaches start making thick stew. Add Stevia (if desired), vanilla extract and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Split yellow peaches in half. Divide the white peaches between four individual cups, on top of them put the yellow peaches.
- Sprinkle with a few minced, mint leaves.
- Serve cold.
Be sure to prepare this dessert 2 to 3 hours ahead of serving, Since peaches figure prominently on the Environmental Working Group’s “dirty dozen”, please choose organic ones. Add a raspberry or a strawberry to add another color of the rainbow.