This bowl’s little kick and caress feel will take you to Asia and make you forget you are eating great-for-you food.
Tofu is not only a good source of protein and contains several important minerals (iron, calcium, manganese, selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, zinc). All you need to add to this soy-based wonder are crunchy vegetables and a bit of healthy fat; and the tofu & ginger bowl is ready.
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- ½ red (orange or yellow) bell pepper
- 1 ½ inch fresh ginger root
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon tamari (or soy or liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Chop onion, pepper, ginger, and celery.
- Dry tofu with a paper towel and crumble it in a small bowl.
- Heat up the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add tofu, tamari and turmeric to the pan and saute for four minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper, ginger and celery to the pan, as well as the paprika, ume plum vinegar and black pepper, and saute for five minutes.
I sometimes serve the leftovers for breakfast. It is a light and energizing way to start the day.