We all have days when we wake up in a bad mood and desperately try to get rid of it before seeing others and “contaminating” them.
e all have days when we wake up in a bad mood and desperately try to get rid of it before seeing others and “contaminating” them. Fortunately, these days happen very rarely, but when they do, here is a dozen of successful tricks I have used and would like to share with you:
- Have the breakfast food you are really craving and thoroughly enjoy it, chewing every bite very slooooowly, and being grateful to people in the food supply chain that got it to your table.
- Journal it. Take a moment to write about your bad mood and what you think the root causes are. Either keep the piece of paper or toss it basketball style into the trash.
- Literally tell your bad mood to go away; you can use your sense of humor or a song to do so (“Bad mood go away, do not come back another day”).
- Listen to a piece of music that puts you in a good mood, and if you have a chance, dance to it (yes, even in the morning).
- Wear a bright colored top, so that when you see yourself you will see an optimist in the mirror.
- Choose jewelry that has special meaning to you. Connecting with good times is uplifting.
- If you wear perfume, spray some on to make you feel attractive.
- Throughout the day, drink more water than usual and avoid salty foods.
- Smile to the mirror– even if you feel like you are grinning. The smile muscles will send a signal to your brain telling it to relax.
- Ask your partner or child for a nice long hug, or be sure to pet your pet.
- If you are still in the same mood when you get to work, call a friend whose company you always find uplifting.
- That evening, enjoy a long bath with Epsom salts, watch a funny movie and get a good night of sleep, so you can turn the page and wake new tomorrow.
Still the same after two days? Get a massage, a facial or a new haircut..
You may also want to see if there’s a pattern. Do you have those bouts of bad moods after talking to a specific person? Eating a certain food? Performing certain tasks?
But for now, get out of the door and knock them dead, and have a great day! or at least an OK day 🙂