Delicious and gluten-free rarely go hand-in-hand, but my family and I swear these muffins are addictive.
These muffins are sinfully delicious yet good for you. The combination of blueberries, bananas and rice flour make them light, sweet, and filling. First, we have used them as snacks or desserts while on doing a detox diet, but now they are one of our go-to treats.
- 1 ½ cup brown flour rice
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil or ½ cup if using paper liners
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whisk first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- If using a muffin pan, oil it with some of the melted coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, use the next three ingredients.
- Mix the content of the two bowls, then add the blueberries.
- Fill cups with muffin mixture and put trays in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ready, cool trays on drying wire rack to allow for air circulation
- Resist the temptation to eat too many.
Consider doubling the recipe, so you won’t have to make two batches in a row. I am speaking from experience on this.